Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Spiritual Update

Spiritually, I am doing many things these days - Indeed, I have been known to be a jack of all trades, but I would also like to become a master of a few of them.
I am meditating regularly, though not at a scheduled time. I usually come to the university and meditate in the library! My house is not very conducive for meditation because it is right next to a busy arterial.
I am going for Tai-chi class every week and that's complementing my meditation.
I did an Art of Living course recently and practice sudarshan kriya atleast once a week.
I am going for running/hiking atleast once a week. Hiking, I have found is a very healing proposition. Being around in the woods calms and soothes the mind.
I usually do a 'do nothing, observe your mind' meditation. But of late, I am trying out the 'mindfulness meditation', where I observe the breath and through that I also become more aware of my surroundings.

No comments: